Drinking water is important if you are trying for weight loss because drinking water reduce the appetite and lead to lesser calorie consumption.
Since drinking water will make you feel full sooner thus leading to lesser food consumption. And also as commonly known drinking water before meal is also a promising approach to suppress appetite by two way:
- Lesser space is left in the stomach for the food
- Most of the times people confuse thirst with hunger which makes them eat unnecessarily, so drinking water prior to meals will take of the verge off thirst which leaves the more accurate feeling of true hunger.
Besides these, other reasons for drinking water when trying to lose weight are:
- To avoid dehydration as it will slow down fat burning.
- Water is required to flush out the toxins formed during the fat burning process.
- Dehydration can make you feel tired due to the reduction in the supply of oxygen to the body cell which is mistaken by weakness during dieting program and the person tend to consume more food than what is required.
- For weight loss, beside drinking water adequate fiber intake is also must to make you feel fuller but for fiber to digest adequate water is required otherwise excess fiber can lead to constipation.
Ways to increase water intake:
- Eat plenty of fruit and vegetables as they are high in water as well fiber content
- Beverages like tea, coffee, soft drinks are diuretics and can increase water loss, so remember to drink more water when consuming any of these beverages
- Pale colour urine is a sign of dehydration, so drink plenty of fluids like coconut water, nimbu pani etc when urine colour changes.
Always remember that drinking water do not cause bloating, it is the extra salt in the food which leads to water retention. So drinking too much water doesn’t have any harmful effect when following a weight reduction diet program.