“If you spend time making muscle then also think about preserving them in easy ways”
- Increase free essential amino acid pool and carbohydrate intake before exercise to achieve better anabolic response.
- Get enough vitamin D by spending at least 15 minutes in the sun every day or consuming foods rich in vitamin D like salmon/mackerel/sardines/tuna/cat fish/Fish liver oil.
- Maintain acid/alkaline profile- high acidic foods comprises your muscular skeletal health.
- Increase vitamin B 12 (foods of animal origin like meat, fish, egg , poultry, milk , cheese ) as it regulates protein metabolism and hence increases protein synthesis to maintain muscle.
- Potassium is important to preserve muscle mass as it helps the body to store carbohydrate to be used by muscle as fuel. Rich sources of potassium includes: green leafy vegetables, potato with skin, coconut water.