When we are enthusiastic about building muscles, we fall for the attractive advertisements of the weight gainers which claim themselves to be the easiest and fastest route for achieving your goals.
Well, the weight gainer benefits for sure, they are compiled rich source of proteins, carbohydrates, vitamins, and minerals. Each serving of weight gainer can provide 300 to 1200 calories of nutrition including 8 to 16 grams of protein.
But, the question that hovers in the minds of every trainer who is new in the practice is how to take weight gainer for best results. Actually, there can be different reasons for one’s lean physique like high metabolism, hormonal concentration in the body, lifestyle, insulin sensitivity, etc. It is important to understand the reason behind one’s particular physique and then accordingly one should take the weight gainer. Different body types respond differently to the weight gaining supplements. In the following section, we will discuss- how to use weight gainer.
How To Use Weight Gainer For Best Results?
There is a simple logic behind a person’s body weight. If the amount of calories one consumes exceeds the amount consumed, then the excess calories are accumulated as body weight. When you are exercising as well, which is extremely good, you are burning calories. So, instead of calculating how much weight gainer to take against your existing bodyweight, you can otherwise consider how much weight you wish to put on.
To gain upto 1.5 Kilograms of muscle per month: 2 servings of weight gainer each day (1 serving during breakfast and 1 serving after workout or at least 4 hours after the first intake)
To gain upto 2.25 Kilograms of muscle per month: 3 servings of weight gainer each day (1 serving during breakfast, 1 after workout, and 1 before going to bed)
To gain upto 3 Kilograms of muscle per month: 4 servings of weight gainer each day (2 servings during breakfast, 1 after workout, and last before going to bed)
To gain upto 4.5 Kilograms of muscle per month: 5 servings of weight gainer each day (2 servings during breakfast, 1 after workout, and 2 servings again before going to bed)
If you wish to put on higher pounds, we would suggest to take baby steps, starting with slower dose of weight gainer and depending on your comfort can increase the dose. It should be noted that each serving of a good quality weight gainer, in general provides around 300 calories of nutrition.
Similar Article: Difference Between A Mass Gainer and a Weight Gainer
Step By Step Instructions On How To Use Weight Gainer Properly
If you are doubtful about how to take weight gainer with milk and water, we would say, the weight gainers can be taken with either milk or water. The only difference is that, when you take the weight gainer supplement with water, you are taking approximately 120 calories and 8 grams of protein less. Let us discuss the step by step instructions on how to take weight gainer properly-
- Prefer the times, when the body’s nutritional absorption and muscle building rate is highest. For example, after workout and immediately after waking up from sleep. Anyways, there is no harm in taking the weight gainer in your convenient time, still the above mentioned times are the best.
- We recommend making the shake of the weight gainer, properly blended in either shaker or blender so that it mix well with the solvent (milk or water).
- Consume the shake immediately, as sometimes the powder tends to settle down forming colloids, basically why to wait for external environment act upon your shake.
- The number of times you take the weight gainer and the dose depend upon your goals of muscle gain, however a slow start of smaller dose is good so that our body can adjust well with the changing calories supply.
Related Article: Best Supplements for Weight Gain
Some Tips And Techniques
Now that you are well acquainted with the weight gainers, we suggest some tips for better benefits from this supplement-
- Though, weight gainers can be taken anytime during the day, but one should fix the time of taking it and everyday, it should be taken at same time.
- Do not give up on your diet since you have ample calories intake now. Maintain your food routine, and should eat something every 3 or 4 hours throughout the day.
- Using milk instead of water to make weight gainer shake is better, because milk naturally adds to the protein intake.
- Keep exercising to stay in shape, else you may end up accumulating unwanted fats.
So people, we hope that you have enjoyed reading about the weight gainers and how they can be taken to get the best results. If you have any doubts, feel free to ask us. Just for the sake, do you think weight gainers and mass gainers are the same supplement? If no, then how do you think they are different? Do not forget to drop in your opinion in the comment section.