Getting 6 pack abs requires you to reassess your workout schedule and eating habits, together. As you are training hard, make sure you have a nutritious diet, full of protein, carbs, fiber, fats and other fills.
An important point here is, not to skip mealsor start starving. In addition to eating right, you will need to adapt to concepts like ‘best times to eat’ in a day. Instead of starving yourself, opt for a healthy diet plan, which we discuss below.
Essential Nutrients for Six Pack Diet
Leave your eating habits behind, and get ready to feed your body with wholesome food, at frequent intervals. Balanced diet is necessary for many reasons such as: muscle re-growth, energy replenishment, and endurance.
Even if you know the benefits of nourishment, it is likely you may still get it wrong. Consider these two points regarding consumption of protein during cutting.
- There is a common notion attached to consuming more proteinto strengthen muscles. So, does it mean you only need protein to build muscles?
- Some of us may not really stress on protein supplements during muscle-building, choosing to maintain a high-protein diet instead.But is your protein-diet really enough?
The answer lies in the fact that every nutrient in your body should be consumed to an optimum level.
Double-check your diet facts now.
Protein helps you gain lean body mass or retain your muscle mass, while you burn fat in the gym. Your desire to build your 6-pack should include a high protein dosage. Besides having protein-rich food, you (necessary) require supplements.
MFF Whey Protein 80 is your best choice of supplements at the start. It isa good pre and post-workout tonic for gym beginners and bodybuilders, as it is easy to digest, and keeps you stomach full. It is a rich protein source which feeds your body with 26.5 grams of pure protein in a single serve of 32 grams. It contains less fat and carbs because it has no sugar and aspartame.
Another good thing about this protein source is it amino acid profile which promotes faster muscle recovery with a body feed of 5.2gm BCAA and 3.9gm Glutamine.
Don’t ignore this micronutrient, by being in denial of the fact that ‘carbs’ provide energy to your body.
Still, It is recommended that you don’t overload your body with carbs, on the pretext of releasing energy. What you require is a good balance of carbs in your diet and supplements
Get hold of MFF Dextrose Monohydrate for fast energy replenishment as you may feel energy deprived after hard workouts some days.
This is the trickiest part perhaps, and if you ask me, a typical body-builder is likely to ignore (it) in their diet plan for six-pack abs. Because fat helps you gain weight does not mean that you will not include it in your diet. Just be mindful to choose between the good and bad, fat.
Say no to trans and saturated fat, commonly found in Indian diet plan, and substitute it with other sources of–good fat. Your body requires (it) toexercise hormone control, and therefore fats, is included in our Indian diet plan.
You will need to avoid foods with high level of sugar and low fiber. Fiberis a good biological solventand easy-to-digest, which also helps your bowel movements. A high fiber dose will reduce frequent cravings.
It is important to feed your body with three essential amino acids, constituting of leuncine, isoleucine, and valine. Together they are known as BCAAs, and required to increase protein synthesis in your muscles.
MFF BCAA 5000 is a balanced source of 2500 gram of Leucine, and 1250 gram each of Isoleucine and Valine, assisting you in maintenance of your lean muscle growth, endurance, and a perfect aid to trigger muscle growth.
It is a conditioned amino acid, which promotes fat burning and improves retention of carbs as muscle glucose. In other words, it helps in lean muscle retention.
Related Article: Indian Bodybuilding Diet Plan to Build Muscle and Strength
Plan your Calorie Feeds
You may still enjoy eating; if your diet is packed with food items you like munching. But you will have to resist this temptation for food. It is important to measure the calorific value of the food you eat.
Here is your daily nutrition break-up.
- Your calorie intake can be calculated by multiplying your weight (in pounds) by 20. Another way to is to consume 500 calories extra on a daily basis. For example, if you weigh 190 pounds, your calorie consumption should be 190×20=3800 calories. Else, assuming you have a normal weight training schedule and if at 190 pounds weight your calorie consumption is 3100 calories; you can add 500 calories, which is 3100+500=3600 calories each day.
- Protein should be 40% of your diet, another 40% for carbs and the balance for fats.
- Your fiber consumption should be 14 grams per 1000 calories eaten in a day.
You Must have the Followings in your Indian Six Pack Abs Diet
- Different kinds of nuts like peanuts, cashew nuts, almonds, and walnuts etc
- Soy protein
- Egg whites
- Green leafy vegetables
- Dairy products like skimmed milk, and fat-free yoghurt
- Oat meal
- Lean meat
- Peanut butter
- Flaxseeds and olive oil
- Fish particularly Indian salmon and Tuna
Here are the Specifics for Indian Vegetarians if they want to build Six Pack Abs Diet
- Almond butter
Related Article: Best Supplements For Getting that Killer Abs
Indian Six Pack Abs Diet Plan
We are not going to advise you or give you tips for what to eat and what not to eat. We will rather take a macro approach to tell you which nutrient should be consumed at what time during the day.
You can pan-out your options, and eat what you like, keeping in mind the calorific value of consumption
Make your breakfast healthy and nutritious, by choosing to eat fiber. Have whole grains or oat meal, to make your breakfast delicious too. Fiber is recommended during breakfast time and also. It is recommended to keep your first few meals heavy, as you burnfat and feel energetic through the day. You can also opt for fruits in place of whole grains.
Another option is to have protein in the morning. Protein improves your metabolism and keeps you tummy-full. You can take lean meat or eggs in your breakfast. A whey protein shake is also good at this time.
- White egg omelets of 2-3 egg whites prepared in olive oil.
- Half cup serving of oatmeal in water.
- Have a bowl of strawberries/grapes. You can even include an apple, a natural source of carbs.
- Prepare a nice whey powder shake. Our Recommendation MFF Whey 90 Isolate as it provides 29.5 gms of protein per scoop.
Small diet will help you avoid binging. It is better to consume healthy nutrient meal portions. If you are looking to burn fat more effectively, snack-up frequently in a day, and going by the thumb rule that the first half of the day should include dense calories foods, I recommend sourcing wet carbs this time. Take cucumbers, leafy green salads, tomatoes and asparagus, high-fiber foods and medium portion of carbs.
Snack time (prototype)
- Have pinto beans/green beans.
- A bowl of veggies.
- A fresh fruit like a banana or apple, if you did not have it in the morning.
A full-meal should be carefully planned. Include lean meat in your lunch. Couple it with measured portion of brown rice, broccoli, and a heavy-fruit like grapes or mango. Don’t overdo on carbs and sucrose.
Lunch time (prototype)
- One bowl of brown rice
- Half a bowl of kidney beans/lentils.
- A small plate of green salad.
- Have lean meat/turkey/Cottage cheese minus fats/grilled tofu.
Another small meal portion, high in protein, can be consumed at this time of the day. You can take soy nuts, almonds, and small cubes of cottage cheese, to suit your taste.
Snack time (prototype)
- Almonds, pecans and Walnuts about half cup.
- A whey shake or smoothie mixed in skimmed milk or Greek Yoghurt with 2 scoops of BCAA powder.
Dinner should be minimized with having a single serve of boiled chicken with salad, or asparagus/lettuce with broccoli. Before you hit the bed, take a protein shake.
Dinner time (prototype)
- One orange.
- 1-2 pieces of boiled chicken.
- Asparagus/lettuce with broccoli.
Another quality protein is Casein Protein. It consists of all important amino acids and is easy to digest. It releases amino acids slowly into your body, for up to 7 hours, and by morning, your muscles will be replenished. MFF Calcium Caseinate 90 provides 28gm protein from fresh milk per 32gm serving.
Whey is a fast-release protein and Casein acts slowly, reaching your blood stream in 5-6 hours. You can include both in your diet to benefit from two varieties of protein. Do quality checks on your protein, as you know your supplements closely now, do you?
So, it’s a balance of perfect and structured diet and proper workout. Workout plays a vital role in gaining six pack abs. What is your diet for six abs? Do share with us?