A relatively new sports supplement ingredient “Digezyme®” is the talk of the town these days.
Although it hasn’t been too long since Digezyme® became a key ingredient in supplements like whey protein, its benefits have been proven over a decade now. Wondering what this mysterious ingredient “Digezyme®” is? Well, find it out here.
What is Digezyme®?
To begin with, there are several different enzymes in our body, each of which helps us perform day-to-day bodily functions properly.
One such special set of enzymes are Digezyme®. The word Digezyme can be broken down as – Digestive + Enzyme, and therefore Digezyme® is popularly called Digestive enzymes.
Digezyme® is essentially a blend of different digestive enzymes such as lactase, amylase, lipase, cellulase and protease that improve the digestion of the food.
These digestive enzymes are assigned the task of breaking down complex food molecules like carbs, fats, fiber, and protein into smaller and simpler fundamental blocks, like amino acids. As a result of which, it becomes quite easy for your body to digest and absorb the food.
In all the animals including humans, digestive enzymes are found in the digestive tracts. In humans, digestive enzymes are also found in saliva, in pancreatic juice secreted by the pancreas and, in cells lining the small intestine.
What Does Digezyme® do?
As mentioned previously, the constituents of Digezyme®, a multi-enzyme blend, are Protease, Amylase, Lipase, Lactase, and Cellulase. Each of these digestive enzymes aids digestion of food in a specific manner.
- For instance, Protease helps our body in the digestion of protein. Additionally, with the help of Protease, one can do away with possible side-effects of high protein diet like bloating and gas.
- Similarly, the role of Amylase is to aid the digestion of carbohydrates and starch. It also helps in reducing the negative effects caused by over consumption of starch rich food items.
- Among all the macronutrients, fats take ample time to digest. For effective digestion of fats, Lipase can be quite helpful.
- Next up, Lactase acts as a source of the enzyme required for effective breakdown of lactose and provide relief from side effects of consuming lactose.
- Lastly, Cellulase aids in the digestion of a plant fiber namely cellulose. Cellulose is found in large proportion in fruits and vegetables.
Similar Article: How to Digest Protein Supplements Easily?
How Does Digezyme® help in Protein Digestion?
The primary requirement for efficient digestion of protein is the presence of an acidic environment during its digestion inside the stomach.
Protein is digested inside the stomach and duodenum with the help of three main enzymes, pepsin, trypsin and chymotrypsin. To increase the rate of protein breakdown and improved absorption, it becomes critical to get help from external sources such as Digezyme®. The enzyme Protease present in Digezyme® helps in digesting protein at a much faster pace.
As a matter of fact, an open-label study published in the Journal of the International Society of Sports Nutrition demonstrated that people who took whey protein along with a blend of digestive Proteases had better whey protein concentration absorption rates over those who supplemented whey protein alone.
Related Article: Daily Protein Requirement: How much Protein you need per Day?
What are the Benefits of Digezyme®?
The main benefits of Digezyme® are listed below –
- Since Digezyme® contains enough proportion of different digestive enzymes, it facilitates better digestion and absorption of nutrients in the body.
- Prolonged exposure to poor diet practices accompanied by a lack of digestive enzymes can prove fatal for your digestive health. Hence, you should look forward to supplementing with Digezyme® tablets which will help you improve your digestive health.
- By breaking down protein molecules into simpler amino acids, it aids in the increase of muscle protein synthesis rate. Needless to say, better the protein synthesis better will be your muscle growth.
- When consumed for a long duration, Digezyme® may reduce the toxicity induced in the body as a result of poor digestion.
- With the help of Digezyme®, your body always gets an extra supply of digestive enzymes which may help improve body’s immunity towards diseases.
- The role of Digezyme® is extremely important in the case of whey protein intake. Due to its fast-acting nature, whey protein does not remain for too long in the digestion system. So, to obtain maximum nutrition out of whey protein in the shortest time, a digestive enzyme blend like Digezyme® can be extremely helpful.
So, guys, it’s the right time you take your fitness routine up a notch. Amp up your nutrition by choosing a whey protein supplement that contains Digezyme®, the latest digestive enzyme technology, just like MyFitFuel’s Advance MFF Whey Protein 80, so that your muscles receive ample amount of protein and thereby induce enhanced growth, improved strength, and quick recovery.
- To take the maximum benefits of Digezyme®, consume it alongside a high protein meal or with Digezyme® added protein shakes like our Advance Whey Protein 80.
Right from the beginning, educating customers has been MyFitFuel’s topmost priority and that’s a reason why over 50,000+ happy customers trust us with their nutrition. With our comprehensive fitness and nutrition blogs, we are committed to providing you with better knowledge so as to make it easy for you to achieve your desired fitness goals.
Should you have any queries about Digezyme®, digestive enzymes, and your daily nutrition, comment your query down below. You can also reach us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call us on +91-8800115410 and we will be happy to help you.